Monday, March 19, 2012

"Moonrise" by Marilee Brothers

Moon Rise (Unbidden Magic, #2)


Okay, so I was so swiped into this series, I went straight onto book two. It had as much zest and even more romance than Moonstone. It raised lots of questions, and even answered some of them. I really liked it and would surely continue to read on.

Now first of all, let me say that I missed Junior, who wasn't featured at all in this book. Yeah, he was mentioned a couple of times, but I could feel the bitterness and hurt in Allie's heart every time she heard his name. Well, I couldn't blame her - he went off to Mexico without calling even once. Could he still count as a boyfriend? Surely not.

Especially as this gorgeous new boy arrives to town. And guess what? He's not fully human. Beck and his sister Nicole have some different genes and skills that one can only dream of. It would be them that Allie must depend on in order to figure out some things about her moonstone talisman.

The characters:
*Allie - she's the same sassy girl, though I think she has grown a little. She isn't all that trusting, which is good, being who she is. Still, there are troubles stirring, and she has to figure out how to deal with her own fears and her own heart.

*Beck - well, what can I say? If there ever was a good replacement for Junior, perhaps Beck would be it. Still though, I miss the hot Latino dude. Anyways, Beck is irresistible and has talents of his own. The best thing about him? He's totally smitten by Allie.

*Nicole - oh, she's the good-girl-turn-bad kind of character, who acts bitchy just because she needs to fit in. I like her though, and her skills. She's impressive.

*Mike Purdy - finally we see something of Allie's father. Not that he's acting like one, but still. It's nice to know that there may be future development in that department


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here...