Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Flight of the Stone" by Chris Thompson

Flight of the Stone

I am not surprised about this book at all. I had a feeling that I wouldn't like it, and I didn't.

Truthfully, I'm sorry about my opinion, but it's just what it is, and I can't change it.

Here's why I give it only 1 star:
-none of the characters had any depth. At all. Important or not they felt so distant, so hollow and so unimportant, that I was wondering why I was made to read a book (332 pages besides!!!) full of nothing important.
-the story evoked absolutely no feeling in me. None at all. Well, unless I count the annoyance and ridicule I felt throughout the whole novel...
-there was nothing interesting about the events that were supposed to happen. There was no action. Just many separate characters wondering how they'd gotten from one place to another.
-there was so much idle talk, I was furious because I had to waste all that time on reading this (crappy) book.

I would like to sincerely apologize to the author, who obviously spent lots of hours sweating over this work of fiction. It just didn't do it for me.


My rating is

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here...