Sunday, December 18, 2011

"Crossed" by Allie Condie

Crossed (Matched, #2)Crossed by Ally Condie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Crossed was just as good as its predecessor Matched. It was also different - everything about it was different. I can't wait for the next novel in the series.
Yet, I can't say that it invoked in me any strong feelings. I didn't laugh, I didn't cry. I just read. For some reason too, I felt like I was ahead of the novel... I knew what was gonna happen before it did.
The characters were well developed, though I think I want to see more vigor in Cassia, more passion. And Ky's melancholy is killing me. If it weren't for Indie, those two would've been totally lost in their own selves.
The descriptions were too much from time to time, but for once that didn't bother me. I enjoyed the journey, as I walked along with the characters, experiencing everything that they went through.
Most importantly though, the story got me thinking about the freedom we now enjoy and how we just take it for granted. We don't realize how much we have and what it means to our society. Not having a choice though... how would that feel?



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here...