Saturday, December 17, 2011

"Clockwork Prince" by Cassandra Clare

So, after waiting for this book for so long, I finally picked it up and read it. It took me a while to finish it, since I've had other things to do in the mean time. Last night though, I turned the last page (or rather pressed the last > on my Kindle). I thought I wouldn't be able to write a review for it, because after the emotional whirlwind I experienced with every page of it, now I feel quite empty. But I'm gonna try doing it anyway, because I feel like I owe it to Will and Jem and Tessa, who comprise one of the greatest love triangles I've ever read about. And of course, I feel like (or actually know that) I owe it to Mrs. Clare, who undoubtedly spent who knows how long to write it so that we, as fans could enjoy a wonderful time with the entangling characters.
Not to mention that this book was so heartbreaking, so wretchedly devastating, so completely mind-blowing, that had I not been more emotionally mature, I might've screamed my lungs off in exasperation. Mind you, some people have done that!!!
And how could they not.
In this book we find out the reason for Will's coldness toward everyone and Tessa in particular; for his mask of sarcastic comments, and the constant sneer on his face. We find out that he's a caring boy whose greatest problem is a curse that he's been carrying for five whole years. We find out that he longs to be free of that curse so he could experience life and love to the fullest.
We also find out, that while William Herondale is busy dealing with his own troubled soul, his parabatai emerges from behind the mask of the cool, neutral, dying boy, and decides for the first time in his life, to fight for the one person that he wants to share the remainder of his days with. Miss Tessa Gray, who has been cruelly pushed away by Will, is the object of affection of James Carstairs. She and she alone, stirs the strings of his heart and allows him to hope that perhaps life will not end for him in loneliness. Which is why when he proposes to loving, caring Tessa, she gives him the only answer there is to give...
The story involves more than this tense and emotional love triangle, however. It includes Clave trials, travels, betrayals and love found in the most peculiar places. And of course, I couldn't not mention the new cook, whose major fault is the ceaseless singing of morbid ballads.
10 stars out of 5 aren't enough to rate this book.
I also want to say that Clockwork Prince has made me want to read the Mortal Instruments all over again, just so I could track down the family trees of the Fairchilds, Lightwoods, Waylands and Herondales.

1 comment:

Please leave your comment here...