Wednesday, March 6, 2013

"Opal" by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Opal (Lux, #3)

Oh my! *fans herself* Such a cliffhanger. Gosh! It's mean. Seriously mean!!!

I so did not expect to love Opal more than Obsidian and Onyx. But I did. And it had nothing to do with the hot scenes, though I won't lie, I liked them too.

But let me say that the way the story develops is breath-taking. We get to see all sorts of different qualities and sides of all the characters. Where Daemon was mostly a jerk in the previous books, here he's grown into an overprotective boyfriend. He's also understanding, loving, romantic and adorable. I believe it's safe to say I want one of him for myself ;)

Then Katy goes a long way from being defenseless to being a kick butt heroine. I loved how well she was developed. I only didn't like how she hid things from Daemon... very important things I might add. And of course she hid things from her mom.

Dawson was slowly returning to himself, not that we know what he was like before, but still.

I hated how Dee had to be all alone without Alex. *Sigh*

I just don't know why everyone just goes ahead and trusts the wrong guy time and time again. Seriously, it gets old. I mean, how stupid do you have to be to put your faith in the one person whom YOU KNOW you CAN'T trust? Is it really that difficult to be suspicious? So many things could have been avoided...

Anyway, the cliffhanger is a killer. I want more. And when I say more, I mean MORE!!!! You get my meaning. ;)

My rating is


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here...