Monday, September 10, 2012

"Perfectly Unique" by Annie Downs


Note: I received this book to review from Netgalley.

At first I thought that this will be just the next instruction book, but i was pleasantly surprised to find out it wasn't so.  There wasn't a list of do's and don'ts, where the only thing you seem to be allowed to do is pray. No, I'm not saying not to do that. Of course praying is important, it's just not all there is.

Chapter after chapter, the author introduces us to both real pieces of her life and the importance of each and every part of our body. From our mind and heart, through our eyes and mouth, Annie talks about the wonderful way God has made us, the many ways we do wrong with His work and the even more ways we can glorify Him through each part of our body.

Truth is, I agree with all the things she said. Of course, I'm not proud of myself for not using some of my body parts right. Like, sometimes I gossip. I'm not proud of it, but I do. And sometimes I fail to listen properly or see what's rightg in front of my eyes. Like, people's needs and hurts, and how you can help.

This book helped me personally to realize that there are aspects of life where I need serious improvement. For that I can only say THANK YOU ANNIE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here...