Monday, February 6, 2012

"Alienation" by Jon S. Lewis

Alienation (C.H.A.O.S., #2)
"Alienation" was an amazing journey comprising many blood-curdling adventures. It was full with striking creativity, high-tech gadgets and of course - more aliens. The characters we met in "Invasion" have grown from the careless teenagers, into responsible young adults. They're now able to put themselves, and their own needs in second place, leaving #1 position for the protection of our world against the alien invasion of the Thule lizardmen.

Friendships were broken and rebuilt in this installment of C.H.A.O.S. New characters emerged, new opportunities came to prove one's worth and new challenges for trust and truth had to be met.

Dread settled in my heart, as I read about the experiments the Government had conducted on six-year old Colt, and I wondered when and how the results would manifest themselves. I didn't have to wait long to find out.

The battle against the aliens wasn't the only front that our trio - Colt, Danielle, and Oz - had to face. A plot to assassinate several very important people is blooming, who knows what the next target will be?

The Characters:
*Colt has definitely begun to grow out of his childish, spoiled-baby-son habits. Little by little, he accepts his place in the world, and the great scheme of things. I saw his boy side, and his man side and loved them both. Sometimes he was reckless, sometimes he was brave, but whatever he did, somehow he always managed to pull the strings into his advantage. The only thing I didn't like about him was how he treated Lily. I know that with everything that was going on, perhaps it was better this way, but still. A guy needs to be a guy, not a jerk.

*Danielle began this book as the unsure girl, who didn't quite realize the risks of being a CHAOS agent. But in the end, she was already becoming a hardcore chick who knew what she was doing. She's the smart high-tech genius, who can hack even the CHAOS network in no time. I couldn't hide my admiration for her. I can't wait to see more of her in book 3.

*Oz wasn't all that present in this book. I kind of missed him, his smart-ass comments, and his know-it-all attitude. He kind of managed to win my admiration and he really grew on me. I want more Oz!!!

*Grandpa McAllister aka the Phantom Flyer is such an awesome old man. I loved every bit of him, including his weird habits and his super secret contacts and his mysterious personality.

A couple of Quotes that I want to share are:
One:
"You heard about the incident, right?"
Cold hadn't, but that wasn't unusual. Oz had access to information the rest of the world didn't know existed. His dad was the director of an organization called CHAOS - Central Headquarters Against the Occult and Supernatural. They were a bit like the CIA or the FBI, but instead of going after drug cartels or spying on the Russians, they protected the world from nightmares like bioengineered monsters, alien life forms, and sparkling vampires.

Two:
"Is that what our uniform looks like?"
"Yes, but we'll get to that in a minute," the SVC-9 unit said as it stopped at what looked like a closet door. "Please disrobe."
"Here?"
"Your modesty is admirable, but I can assure you that there are no female specimens anywhere in the room."

My rating is:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here...