Thursday, May 3, 2012

"Somebody to Love" by Kristan Higgins

Somebody To Love

I received this book from Netgalley in return for an honest review.

This book was pretty good actually. I loved the romance, I loved the story, I really found it quite amazing. It was light, with humor, sarcasm, and some drama. It was totally worth my time, and I must say that I really enjoyed staying in the pages. Read it pretty quick too, because it groped at my mind, making me want more.

Well, true it's an adult book due to several sex scenes (not explicit, but still), which isn't my usual preferred genre. But I can say with a hand on my heart that I might actually read it again. It was that good. There were a couple of scenes that got me laughing pretty hard, and there was the awesome epilogue that was... well... beyond romantic (if such a term exists).

I would totally recommend it to romance lovers of ages 18 and up.

So, the story is about this single mom, famous writer, very rich woman, Parker and her path to finding the love of her life. She goes through a troublesome childhood, which obviously rubs off her adult years. She's totally no experience in dating, or even talking to men, which is kind of weird, but hey there are all sorts of people out there. She's kind of shy and a little arrogant at the same time, but even with all her perks she still managed to get one special man to love her. And then brutally pushed him away... You gotta read it to learn more ;)

The main characters:
*Parker - I loved the strength of her character. She had gone from a multimillionaire to a penniless woman overnight, but she still didn't freak out. Well, unless we count a certain rodent incident, but hey that's quite explainable. I was in awe of the vibe she had. Even though she was lonely, with no new ideas to write, and perhaps no prospects for a job, she kept hopeful. The only thing I didn't like about her was her negativity concerning men. It was like she expected men to fail her. Period. But since there are many women who feel the same way nowadays, this made Parker look all the more real.

*James - It was so funny to see Parker call him Thing One. Then slowly go onto calling him James. It was adorable. Well, what can I say about him? Tall, dark and handsome. Good with manual labor. Able to repair a house in a couple of weeks. And quite romantic. What more can one want from a guy, right?

I'd suggest you give this book a chance and see for yourself just how good it is.


My rating is


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here...