Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Artemis Fowl and the Arctic Incident" by Eoin Colfer

The Arctic Incident
This is the second book in the Artemis Fowl series, that I got from Netgalley to review. Here are my thoughts of it:

Another awesome book for readers of all ages. Yes, I mean 7 thru 77. This series is kind of like Harry Potter - it's good for children and adults alike, because it's funny and entertaining, and tells a story of bravery, taking risks, and thinking with your head.

I loved the action packed scenes, as well as those where Artemis's genius came into play. Of course, his plans are always risky, at the very edge of success, but with the help of his fairy friends, everything manages to go smoothly.

My particular interest was spiked when Artemis and Foaly got to talk face to face. Two geniuses in the same room... well let's just say that they got my admiration. And when everyone else just nods around them (as if they understood what was going on between the two)... it was priceless!

The characters:

*Artemis - I love his attitude. He's the boy in control. He's the mastermind, though sometimes his plans get him in more trouble than not. But he's adorable, especially when his true boyish character gets to peak through the mask of the genius.

*Butler - the megaman, whose only care is to keep his boss safe. Sometimes I feel so bad for him, having Artemis as boss could be tiring, and dangerous. But Butler is always prepared.

*Captain Holly Short - She's once again quick witted and ready to plunge into the action with no second thoughts. I love her self-denial, her respect for those who earn her trust, and most of all, I love the way she affects Artemis.

*Commander Julius Root - he's the same quick to anger persona. He made me laugh on more than one occasion. Especially when he clearly doesn't understand something, and just says "I see."

*Foaly - the super techie of the fairy police... what can I say - he's another genius alright. I was kind of disappointed by him though. At least for a little bit. Thought he'd find a way out of the mess from the inside.

A great read that I recommend to book lovers of all age groups.


My rating for this book is


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here...