Monday, July 8, 2013

The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)

Oh my goodness! This was one cruel cliffhanger!!! It got me so reeled up, I even dreamed of Allie and Zeke!

Anyway, as my readers know by now, I don't love vampire fiction. In fact, I so much dislike it that it borders on hate. But

Julie Kagawa has once again managed to blow my wits to bits. I L-O-V-E-D The Immortal Rules so darn much, I just couldn't help but red The Eternity Cure too. But I can't say that I loved it. Oh, no. That would be highly underestimated. It was amazing! So beautifully written, so mysteriously woven with twists and turns that you could hardly see coming! I was pumping with adrenaline the majority of the time, not knowing what to expect lurking behind the corner!

Dark, consuming and overpowering, is what I'd like to call it. It makes you forget the reality around you. And it makes you want to scream(not beg) for more.

I was in love with Alison and Zeke from book one on. Here, I was left wondering if they'd ever make it to 'togetherland'. It's pure torture to tell you the truth. Julie is getting pretty good at torturing her readers it seems. It's unfair and freaking amazing at the same time!

Anyway, let's talk characters:

Alison: I was so happy she didn't turn into a bloodthirsty vamp, even though actually, she was one. She carried the hunger inside, but she also learned to subdue it, to control it. I was proud of her. And her loyalties lied in the right places - with the right kind of humans, with her sire, and with the love of her life (or death).

Enter Jackal and all dark, overbearing etc. situations are turned into impossible sarcastic jokes and comments that had me laughing out loud. With Jackal it was always a love-hate relationship. I'd hate it if he has to die in the end.

Then there was Keenan (though I'm not sure if I spelled it right). He was just so noble all the time, that he earned a whole lot of points for it.

And then there was dreamy, brave Zeke... but how, when or why he appeared, I will not disclose. Gotta keep the suspense going, right? Go read it for yourself.

And it gets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here...