Friday, April 19, 2013

"Walking Disaster" by Jamie McGuire

Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2)
NOTE: I received this book from Netgalley.

I don't know why I was expecting to be amazed by this novel. After all it's just a POV re-write of Beautiful Disaster. Now, don't get me wrong, it's not that I didn't like it, it's just there's nothing much new in it.

*sigh*

There, I said it.

I guess it's all my fault, having high expectations and all that. But in my opinion, it's either read Beautiful Disaster, or Walking Disaster. Just don't read both. They just overflap most of the time, and it gets sort of boring.

Also, for some reason I really liked Abby's POV better. Most of Travis's alone scenes weren't anything spectacular, though I did enjoy the epilogue. That one was definitely something I hadn't come to expect. Other than this though... same characters, nothing new. And since it isn't a continuation of the series, none of them actually grew to be more mature.

So, I really don't know what to say about this one. I wanted to read it, but now that I have, I'm disappointed. Perhaps Jamie should've just written several short chapters here and there inside Beautiful Disaster, that would be from Travis's POV. It would've worked out much better that way.

Which makes me believe this POV separation had nothing to do with the story and EVERYTHING to do with commercial purposes. Sales are the big boss, right? Or was that readers..?

My rating? 
That about covers it.

2 comments:

  1. I don't plan on reading this anymore, I have read a few reviews which basically said the same thing as you say there is nothing new and it's just a different pov. And I am not that interested in his pov, maybe a few chapters from his pov would've worked better indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I don't advise you to waste your time on it, that's for sure

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here...