Thursday, April 4, 2013

"Falling Into You" by Jasinda Wilder

Falling Into You (Falling, #1)

Well, let me say that this novel is just HOT HOT HOT!! I don't know what's gotten into me with these New Adult novels, but it's got something to do with a going down spiral and I don't seem to be able to stop reading them.

Any. Way.

So, what did I think of Falling Into You? It was one of the better ones out there. The writing was at a good level, though there were some present/past tense inconsistencies. Still though, I gotta hand it to the author - she's got a good style. Flowing. Present.

Now let me just say that I liked both the pre- and post- parts, but in a different way.

The pre- part was sweet and innocent and full of love and promise. It was the part of the first love, the part of figuring out the person you are and the person you care for. It was the part where there was nothing else but happiness.

The post- part was full of hurt and suppressed pain. It overflowed with passion and need and a whole new level of falling in love. A level so deep and complete and impossible, that it's hard to explain.

All that was amazing.

But.

I didn't really like Colton's bossy voice. "Do this." "Hold onto that." "blah blah" Yeah, I know he had the best of intentions and all that, and Nell didn't listen and obey anyway, but his tone bugged me.
Still though, this was the only negative.

The core of this story had to do with pain. Pain so deep that there's no way out of it. It dealt with coping without hurting. Which, as we saw, was no coping at all. It was a very very emotional book.

My rating is


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here...