Saturday, January 26, 2013

"The Future We Left Behind" by Mike A. Lancaster

The Future We Left Behind (Point 4, #2)
NOTE: This is a book I requested from Netgalley.

Well, this book was definitely different from the ones I usually read. It had a LOT of sci-fi elements in it, along with dystopia. I hadn't read the prequel, but it didn't really matter. I breezed through it, because it was really good. But, I was kind of confused of the ending - it raised more questions than it answered, which sometimes is annoying. Like in this case. I'd definitely be on the lookout for the next installment though.

So, here we have a story about a different - should I say generation - of humans. Ones that have actual software operating system. Yeah, it's weird I know. What's more weird though is that that operating system gets upgrades. And some people seem to be immune to those upgrades so they are left behind. Thus the title.

The story is pretty simple, but it's quite intriguing. I found myself turning the pages pretty quickly, being hungry for more. And I loved how the main character, Peter Vincent, got the courage to break from the norm he had been expected to follow, and just do what he believed was right. He threw away the bright "future" that he was supposed to experience, and turned back to look at the past. Because there was a lot to learn from the past.

I think The Future We Left Behind is a nice relaxing read. If you're into sci-fi dystopia stories, you should definitely check it out.

My rating is


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here...