Monday, July 9, 2012

"Savage" by Willow Rose

Savage (Daughters of the Jaguar #1)

First of all, I want to say that this is NOT an YA book. Not even a late YA book. It's totally an adult book, even if a mild one, so please keep that in mind. I had no idea, so I was surprised when certain things happened the way they did.

Anyway.

I must say that I liked the setting. St. Augustine, Florida is my favorite quaint town in Florida, and I really wish I could live there. I'm in love with the Old Spanish quarter :))

So, my review..

The story was (in my opinion) original. I haven't read many shape-shifter books, especially when the transformation is into cats, so that was a nice idea. But, I kept thinking that the Christian, the male through whose eyes we see and hear everything, would transform. And he never did, so that was sort of disappointing.

There were certain things that felt weird to me though. Like, purposefully searching for the jaguar, and trying to befriend it. I don't think that a person in their right mind would do such a thing, even if they did believe the cat saved their life.

Other than that though, I think the story was told nicely. The world building was pretty accurate. And the characters sounded realistic enough.

I didn't like Christian very much, to be honest. At least until the turning point. He sounded like a spoilt child, and perhaps that's exactly what he was. He acted like everything he wanted, he had to have - be it a thing or a person. He was egotistic, stupid and selfish. He irritated me soo much! Until he sort of grew up and decided to finally act like a man with responsibilities. Which happened in the last couple of chapters or so.

Of the female characters... I can't say I was really impressed by them. Heather was okay, for a spoilt daughter of an eye surgeon. And then there was Aiyana, and her family of females, who were just weird, with their powers and all.

I read "Savage" rather quickly, and enjoyed it. Perhaps you'd enjoy it too. :)


My rating is


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here...