Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"With All My Soul" by Rachel Vincent

With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)

Well, taking in account that I was very disappointed by the previous installment, I didn't have very high hopes for this one. I even decided to wait it out, and pick it when I was sure I was ready for it. But guess what? All that preparation was futile. It didn't really prepare me for what I got.

With All My Soul exceeded whatever high expectations I might've had! It was brilliant, it was mysterious. It was nicely written, nicely thought out. Nicely done overall. Or no, wait. Nicely isn't a strong enough word to summarize my laughter, my tears, my expectations, my hopes for this one. Oh no.

Let me say that Rachel Vincent has once again outdone herself, and I am very very glad about that. Because seriously, we all know how much expectation we, as readers, put into the final installment of a long series. That's like, a lot. We want it to be perfect, brilliant, and in other words - so good that we won't be able to stop thinking about it for at least a week after we've read it! We want to re-read it and cry and laugh every time!

Believe me when I say that I sure will cry and laugh the next time I decide to read it. You will too. If you followed Kay and Tod and Nash, Emma and Sabine and Sophie all those years, you'll be smitten with this one book. WAMS was a thrill ride. A roller-coaster of emotions. Unreachable highs and ultimate lows battled for attention and they sure got it.

So Kaylee... for the first half of the book I thought that all those years we'd spent with her, she hadn't really changed. I mean, the girl always got someone else in trouble for the sake of protecting her soul. Not that she intentionally did it, but you know. And don't get me wrong. I get it. I wouldn't want to hand over my soul to Avari (or another demon) either. But the last quarter of the book made me realize that Kay has indeed changed. So much in fact, that I have to say I was impressed by her. Because of Kaylee, I want to congratulate Rachel: You've done an excellent job with her. Thank you! You have no idea how much this means to me!

And Tod... is still the same smart-mouthed reaper you just can't NOT fall in love with. Unfortunately, I'll always be team Nash. Always. Not that I want him to be with Kay. Oh no. But he's more my type of guy, so yeah :) Sabine is one uncommonly lucky girl.

That would be all. For a spectacular end of a series, THANK YOU AGAIN, RACHEL VINCENT.

I'm sure you can guess my rating... It's



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here...